Tuesday, February 28, 2012

We can do this!

I'm almost half of the way done with my first 30 day goal: 45 minutes of exercise everyday. Making a red "x" over each day that I meet my goal makes me smile from head to toe.

I realized this new goal for myself is becoming more than meets the eye. Yes, the ultimate goal is to loose weight and become healthier, and I am keeping weekly track of my numbers; HOWEVER this GOAL is not about the numbers, it's about crossing off 30 days of boxes. To me, this is much more attainable than playing the numbers game. A game that leaves me feeling lousy if I don't succeed at a fast rate. Instead, I have promised to myself that I will do something healthy everyday and that promise sticks whether or not I have a poor diet that day or the scale spits out a nasty number.

After the first 13 days I feel awesome so I can only imagine how I will feel at day 30! And on that day - my reward - a new shirt at Maurices! Plus the knowledge that I completed my goal.

I want to share this with my loved ones. If we can stick to a 30 day goal without worrying about the numbers games, I believe we can start a huge network of people that are healthier in so many ways!

So in the second half of my first goal, I have started narrowing down my first new comrades. There is always strength in numbers!!!! I want to pick 2-3 of my closest family and friends to join me on my second month. Their goals may be different, but as long as they become actively healthier they will succeed. And then after they've completed month one, my prayer is they reach out to another two people each... And so our network of support for each other begins.

I truly feel I've found an idea that could be life-changing for myself. If you are reading this,my prayer is you also think about joining me on this journey.

We will become healthier! - 30 days at a time :)

My first red "x" goal chart (plus a couple random "x" marks from my 3 yr. old)


No comments:

Post a Comment