Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lazy snow day

Today was one of those days where I was happy to have a goal (especially one looking me in the eye on my refrigerator). We were snowed in today and had a relaxing, fun day as a family. The last thing I wanted to do was focus my time on yet another workout video - a Real movie sounded so much better.

The time came for me to exercise. My son was in bed, my husband was biking on his trainer, and I had no excuses. I vary my workouts so to not only keep myself from wearing out physically but also mentally. Today instead of a cardio focused video I chose a strength training and stretching video..... I feel awesome! Thirteen days into my goal and even though the scale isn't showing much change, I can definitely feel a change. Ooooh, I might even look swimsuit worthy this summer! :)

My mind is already thinking about my next goal. I'm trying to decide if I want to up the anti to an hour a day. Somedays 45 min is really pushing it for my schedule, but I need a little more jump drive so I can be more physically active this summer. I'd like to be able to run a 5k soon, but have a hard time getting past two miles. I'm hoping all this time indoors with videos is getting me ready for some great outdoor workouts soon - spring couldn't come any faster!!!!

Please note- I do not do hard cardio everyday. I do understand the importance of some rest for the body. So every few days I do low impact, such as a mild step aerobics or go on a walk with the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment