Tuesday, April 3, 2012

40 days

I believe I was told the other day that it takes 40 days to setting a new habit and sticking with it before it starts feeling routine. So now I'm really wishing I had set my goals to a 40 day calendar versus a 30 day one. I had the best intentions this month to keep up my good work, but unfortunately I feel I've gone the exact opposite way.

This month was going to be hard and I knew that. I've been doing a lot of travel with more to come and I've had a busier schedule with church and work things. And yet, the days that I DO have the time seem to be the hardest to find motivation on! I just want to sit and do nothing when I get home!!!

It has also been interesting to see the affect my different workouts have played into this. In the winter I used videos that typically challenged me-but now with nice weather I have been
Jogging and walking more-unfortunately more of the latter though. :(

So, I'm a quitter. I need to be done with the current goal. But! That is a big but! I will start again after Easter when I am "home" again. I hate that this is the case but I want to start over correctly. I need to do 30-45 min workouts that get my heart going and it needs to be daily! I was doing too many days of an hour walk to make up for missed days - that has to end.

On a happier note- I've been doing awesome on my fruits and veggies! I'm still working getting more veggies, but I'm at least getting 4 servings of one of the two daily, often times 6-7.

I'm human and not perfect, I know that.
I will keep trying and will succeed! I will change my daily habits and routines so that exercise and healthy eating become natural versus a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment